Monday, February 25, 2013

Friends


 Friends

A moment can be magical, I consent
Mine was magical in a tent
My parents planned a trip that I resent
And oh boy! Did I repent
The tent was by the washroom, so you can imagine the scent
Upset I was to every extent
I was eager to watch the Bears play, so the weekend seemed misspent
My parents knew I was upset but said nothing to augment
Mom came to me and said that she planned the trip for me, so I should act decent
But I could do nothing to better represent
They were all having fun, my sadness was to prevent
I sat down by the river and in the sand was a dent
I poked a finger at it, and saw some gold coin that could make me affluent
You see, you might think the magic part was, it was invisible to every parent
But written on it was “we really miss you”, sorry the coin is a gold foil on a cent
My friends were upset, they said they missed me and I knew what they meant
This thought was worth a million dollar more than the gold that I would have spent
 I knew my friends really cared, and that was my magic of a moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment